#Choice4Life Advocates are young Nigerian professionals who promote Women Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights using Social Media. The Group conducted a tweetathon on November 25, 2015 to mark the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women. They are also committed to educating social media users on issues that promote women’s health during the #16DaysofActivism.
They called for the domestication of the Violence against Persons Prohibition Act (#VAPPAct) by all the 36 States of Nigeria.
Some of their tweets include;
- No excuse no matter how legally crafted should permit violence against women. Please, understand your rights.#Choice4Life #EndVAW #VAPPAct
- It is not left to only women to defend and support each other, Everyone has to help eliminate it.#Choice4Life #EndVAW #VAPPAct
- Did you know that the #VAPPAct bill has several prison terms for offenders of violence against women? #Choice4Life #EndVAW
- You should not keep silent when you notice acts related to violence on women. Please Act! #Choice4Life #EndVAW #VAPPAct
- Abusive marriages should never be smiled upon. The #VAPPAct should be domesticated in all of Nigeria. #Choice4Life #EndVAW