After weeks of debates, speculations and peaceful protests, the Nigeria’s national electoral body (INEC) has formally announced the postponement of the nationwide elections from Feb 14/28 to March 28/April 11. Let me share some questions on my mind;
1. Why did the NSA who hardly speaks on national issues choose to make call for election shift in London without previous official correspondence with INEC on the issue?
2. Was it a mere coincidence that groups and persons sympathetic to the PDP started voicing out in support of poll shift as suggested by the NSA?
3. Why would security agents chose to begin “final onslaught” against insurgents from the week an election scheduled one year ago is set to hold.
4. If our security agents believe they could rout BH in 6 weeks to allow for peaceful election, why did they wait this long and allowed BH to continue its carnage against the Nigerian people? Will they also #BringBackOurGirls within this period?
5. With many Nigerians yet to collect their PVCs and prospective INEC ad hoc staff yet to be trained on the use of Card Readers 1 week to the election, why was the INEC insisting on going ahead with the election as previously scheduled for Feb 14?
6. Why did INEC choose to make the official announcement of the postponement late at night?
7. Why are the APC and its supporters vehemently opposed to the postponement of elections?
8. Why did some people who hailed Jega – the INEC Boss in recent past for conducting credible polls turn round to lead calls for his resignation?
9. Given the poll shift, will the Senate to resume and complete their good work by passing the Violence Against Persons Prohibition #VAPP Bill in addition to the budget?
10. Will government institutions be able to function normally between now and March 28?
11. What happens to the new words and hashtags like -> FeBuhari, #FailBuhari, #GEJmyVal
Let peace reign in #Nigeria! #SenatePassVAPPbill!! #Choice4Life !!!