The purported sack of resident doctors and suspension of residency training means the following, at least for now (You may add to the list):
1. NMA Strike continues
2. No doctor works in teaching hospitals, therefore, no teaching for medical students.
3. Medical Students stay longer in medical schools; parents/guardians will spend more for their training and less money for other expenses.
4. No health care service delivery in govt-owned hospitals.
5. No delivery of specialist clinical services in more than 90% of tertiary hospitals in the country.
6. Doctors and other health workers continue to provide health care services in private hospitals to people who can afford them.
7. Overcrowding and reduced quality of health care in private health facilities.
8. No access to health care services for more than 70% of Nigerians who may not be able to afford them in private hospitals.
9. Suspension of ongoing clinical research in tertiary health facilities.
10. Bad business for pharmacists and pharmaceutical companies.
11. Good business for alternative, traditional or voodoo medicine practitioners.
12. Growing loss of confidence in the health system.
13. More quackery,
14. More complications/morbidity and deaths from treatable/curable health conditions.
15. Worse health indices for Nigeria.
Government and people of Nigeria, THINK!!!